Design Research Dissertation E-Portfolio

28/8/19 -  27/11/19 (Week 1 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
Design Research Dissertation
E-Portfolio



Instructions:

Module Information Booklet:





Idea Pitch Presentation:

On the first day of class, we were given a brief on this whole module. The main parts of it were the draft dissertation, literature review, final dissertation, visual publication and the journal adaptation.

We were to present and pitch our dissertation idea to the panelists who would judge whether our research could be published as a dissertation. During tutorial session, Dr Hayati further explained on what we should do, and advised us to create a skeleton for the draft dissertation based on the so that we would be able to fill in the pages easier.

I then inquired Dr Hayati during our individual consultation about how I could go forth with my topic and she gave me advice on my project recommendation idea. She also said that I could pick a few scenes from a movie that would support and show what I would want to focus on for the project.

I also started working on the slides for the presentation to the panelists as the presentation would be next week, here are the slides for my presentation:



Draft Dissertation:

We had to write our findings, analysis and discussion this week. We also had to add the project recommendation ideas from week 2 into the draft and start writing the conclusion. By weekend, we should have most of the structure added into the draft.

There was no class this week as it was our submission week. We were to focus on our draft dissertation and make sure to cite all references properly, while completing the main structure and making sure there are no grammar and spelling errors.

I submitted my draft 5 of the draft dissertation to google classroom before the deadline, but it was incomplete so I continued working on it.

This is the final draft dissertation:




Visual Publication:

We were supposed to show our moodboards to our lecturer this week. I wasn’t aware that we had to put our moodboards into Google slides so I compiled my moodboard that was done in AI, chosen fonts, colour palette, alignment style and cover page visual references into the slides in class. I showed it to Miss Hayati and she gave me feedback on it, saying that the colour choices and alignment / layout styles were good.

I summarized my moodboard into a shorter version: 



This is my first attempt on the visual publication:



This is my final layout that I sent for printing:



I was happy that  I could print a book that I wrote.

Journal Adaptation:

We were to submit the adaptation of our journal this weekend.This is the justification for the journal I chose to publish my article in:



This is the adaptation of my dissertation into an article. As my dissertation was too lengthy, I decided to focus on some main points of the dissertation and brought that out in the article instead of presenting everything briefly in the article.



The end, thanks for reading!

Comments

Most Popular Post