Design Research Methodology - Research Report and Presentation


26/6/19 -  5/7/19 (Week 13 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
Design Research Methodology
Research Report and Presentation



Instructions:

Module Information Booklet:





Lecture Notes:

Week 13 (26/6/19)

Today, the lecturers gave a brief on our final compilation of slides and our final presentation. They told us that we shoudl prepare 5 minutes of slides that we have done throughout the semester.
We also have to know our stuff like the back of our hand. They said to add more visuals to the slides instead of words.

Week 14 (5/7/19) 

It was our last class for the semester and the lecturers bid farewell to us and thanked us and we thanked them back. We also took group pictures with them. They said that wae could work on our literature reviews for dissertation during our holidays.



Research Report and Presentation:

Week 13 (26/6/19)

This week, we were supposed to make presentation slides for our final presentation on Week 14. It has been a long time since I presented or made slides for presentation so I had to review to my old slides for inspiration and found that I included a lot of diagrams and less words, which I followed.

I also compiled my slides from the 14 weeks of hard work for this module into one main Google Slide file, and made sure that my references were all cited with the APA format.

FEEDBACK: The lecturers asked us to simplify all our slides today into a presentable and simple compilation of slides for the presentation. We could compile the main points of the critical review and put them into one section.

Week 14 (5/7/19) 

It's D-Day today! We're finally going to be presenting our 14 weeks worth of research to our lecturers in 5 minutes. I practiced the day before and my presentation was around 7 minutes long. But when the first presenter went past 5 minutes, she was stopped and that made me panic as well.

I then had to practice again and went outside of class to shorten my presentation down to 5 minutes, which was not an easy task for me. After an hour of repeating my presentation with the timer running and hoping to not pass the 5 minute mark, I finally managed to cut down enough information to make my presentation 5 minutes. When it was my turn to present, I presented like I was rapping on the stage in Coachella (okay this is an exaggeration).

Here are my presentation notes that I printed out to help me with my presentation. I memorized everything that wasn't on the slides but unfortunately I had to cut a lot of stuff out due to the 5 minute mark. Nevertheless, I (almost) managed to present everything (except the last two points of my research constraints)!  I think if I had more time I could go on and on about my findings because I really found out a lot of interesting stuff after conducting my research.

Figure 1.1 Presentation Notes


Figure 1.2 Presentation Notes

Figure 1.3 Presentation Notes

Figure 1.4 Presentation Notes

Figure 1.5 Presentation Notes

Figure 1.6 Presentation Notes

FEEDBACK: Both Ms Hayati and Ms Jinchi were laughing while I was presenting as I went quite fast and was also kind of nervous (I have bad stage fright actually) while presenting my research to them. But I wasn't as nervous as usual because I was more worried about the time limit instead and that gave me some brain farts even though I totally knew what I wanted to present, it's just that my mouth went faster than my brain at some points. After my presentation, they both smiled as I caught my breath, and told me "well done", which made me super happy and relieved as I really practiced hard for the presentation. They also commented that I delivered my research well and direct, and that my slides were also very straight to the point. Ms Jinchi liked my slide design a lot and Ms Hayati said that my Powerpoint was really a POWERpoint (love the pun by the way). At that moment I felt like my hard work really paid off and I was shy to receive that compliment as well. They both told me that I did a good job and I thanked them.

Final Presentation Slides:

Here is the PDF version of my final presentation slides:



Final Compilation Slides:

Here's my compilation of slides for my research. This includes:
1. Proposal
2. Secondary Data: Critical Reviews
3. Primary Data: Research Implementation
4. Primary Data: Data Collection and Data Analysis



Link to Final Compilation Slides on Google Slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vEqupsmgPwl9NQMq3AFoVgfpWbvedI24TksIWbWeYbk/edit?usp=sharing

Progression Sheet: 

Here's a PDF of my progression sheet that I update every week for Ms Hayati to check on my progress and record feedback:



Link to Google Document of Progression Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IobNPlFfcku9sfahMPNAoUgAfGqA3KmaxQVEvTfqthI/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

Most Popular Post