Advanced Animation - Final Project



April 2020 to July 2020 (Week 1 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
Advanced Animation
Final Project: Character Animation



Instructions:

Module Information Booklet:





This post contains a compilation of Final Project in the module, Advanced Animation.

Process:

Ideation:

As my previous attempt to animate in Project 2 was too choking for me to complete, I felt like I was stuck in a rut. The animation that saved me and gave me inspiration was the Into the Spiderverse movie. I thought I could do a scene of Spider Gwen's action time, and was happy to find her rig on a free site. However, there were a lot of things going on in her 30 second long screen time in the movie so I decided to refer to other animations and come up with my own storyboard and storyline.

Storyboard:




Video References:

These were the videos that gave me inspiration for my storyboard, I referenced the angles and poses used in these animations.




Video Tutorials:

I learned a bit on how to composite in After Effects through this, but I mainly learned the important parts from Mr Kannan's tutorial video on Teams.



Editing Process:

Animating on Maya:




Compositing and adding Background on After Effects:



Editing Sound track on Audition:



Compiling everything on Premiere Pro:


Edited version on After Effects without Audio:


Final Outcome of Final Project: Character Animation




Reflection:

I feel like I could have done better, especially with the compositing and the animation's pacing. I didn't spend as many weeks on this as I should have, but I tried my best towards the end. I regret not working on it earlier and getting feedback, and even not attending my last class with Mr Kannan 😭. Still, I learned a lot of 3d animation techniques and I'm thinking of learning how to operate Blender during my semester break.

End of Final Project.


Comments

Most Popular Post