3D Modelling - Exercises

27/8/19 -  27/11/19 (Week 1 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
3D Modelling
Exercises: Gun, Robot, House, Barrel 



Goal:
1. Explore Maya and its functions
2. Research and make a mood board for reference on vehicles, robots and 3D modelling

Problems:
1. Don't know how to move the viewer

Solutions:
1. Googled how to move the viewer

Experiences:
1. In class - Was kind of overwhelmed by what Mr Kannan told us, but couldn't wait to go home and try out Maya. Testing out Maya on the school's computer.
2. Downloading Maya - Had to register a student account on Autodesk and get my license key first, took quite awhile to download.
3. Testing Maya - Tried to remember what Mr Kannan taught us and tried it out, unfortunately I could only remember that holding the space bar was for every option in Maya and that W = move, E = rotate, R = scale. I didn't know how to move the viewer but I remembered that we could change the view from perspective to orthographic views with the space bar.
4. Opened my old Behance account with nothing inside, decided to record today's experience with Maya there as well.



EXERCISE 1: GUN MODEL 

Reference used:


Rendered gun model in different angles:




Rendered Gun Model in different material:
The gun model was the first exercise we did, and I felt like my brain was working really hard to understand this new software. It hurt physically. But as time progressed, I got more used to the functions, and my favourite tools are extrude, multi-cut and smooth.


ROBOT MODEL 

Reference used:

The main character of the Robots movie.


Rendered Robot in different angles:







I coloured and changed the material of the robot because I'm extra:



HOUSE MODEL

Rendered House in different angles:




We followed our lecturer's tutorial in class to make this house model. The process of making it was really fast, because we meant for it to be low poly and like a game model. I added in some random stuff like the door opening and a finger being sliced by the door chopping down on it again because I'm extra.


BARREL MODEL  

Rendered Barrel:
The barrel on the left was made by myself in 5 minutes (I think), while the other one was after we followed our lecturer's tutorial.

Disclaimer: I have many screenshots and processes but I'm short on time for updating the blog (bcs of my bad time management) so I will put the screenshots below all my posts.

Process Screenshots: 












 

Comments

Most Popular Post