3D Modelling - Project 3

27/8/19 -  //19 (Week 1 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
3D Modelling
Project 3: Character Modelling and Texturing



Reference used:

Nezuko from Demon Slayer.

I chose her to model because I just finished watching Demon Slayer at that time and I thought it would be quite cool to model a human turned demon. 

Sketches on Nezuko's features:



Rendered version of Nezuko character model in different angles:







Coloured version of Nezuko character model in different angles:










I originally wanted to do a full-body Nezuko but was short on time (once again blaming my own time management), so I did half of her instead and came up with a concept that her lower body was cut and destroyed in one of the wars wit [redacted], and in the anime demons can still move even though they get decapitated, but I gave her a regenerative cloud that heals and supports her internal organs instead. It also acts as a means of transport for her. I also modeled her expression when she turned into a demon and lost self-control because I wanted to try modelling the veins on her face.

One thing I really couldn't solve was her hair, I decided to keep it in a chunk and define the strands with the dam standard tool instead of making it in pieces.

I also want to say that I did not try to copy exactly how she looked like and what her features were, and added on some extra stuff to give it my own style. Transporting my file from Zbrush to substance painter was the scariest part because I didn't know how to do it at first but I looked up tutorials and had to create UVs for all my subtools then transport it in and paint. Rendering a good quality render took quite awhile.

At the end, we made a compilation poster and I suck at layouts but I came up with a concept for all my 3D modelling work.

Concept:

Humans have perished and the world is now in war. Two species triumph over the rest, the robots created and left by the humans, and the demons that have been existing in this realm for over thousands of years. Whose hands will the fate of this world land into?

PROJECT 1:
A robot panda called Kkungand his ride, DOL-X12, a dolphin-shaped speedboat. Kkung plans to use whatever the humans left behind to his advantage in the war. Modelled in Maya.

PROJECT 2:
A house that Nezuko found to keep herself safe from the robots as she plans her strategies against them. Reference from pinterest. Modelled and textured in Maya.

PROJECT 3:
Nezuko, a demon from Demon Slayer, loses half of her body in a battle, but still survives with the help of her newly gained regeneration cloud that preserves her system and serves as a transport. Sculpted in ZBrush and painted in Substance Painter.



Final Reflection:

So that's it for this module! But I feel like it's the start of 3D Modelling for me. I want to venture down deeper into this path because I really have a passion for it and I want to make fast money want to see how far I can go with 3D Modelling. It's kind of new to me that I dreaded hearing the module name before taking this semester but ended the sem with this being one of my favourite subjects and areas. I hope that someday in the future this module won't be put together with the dissertation module. :D Kidding, it's not easy to arrange modules but anyway I had a good time learning all about maya and exploring zbrush and substance painter in this class. I really want to thank Mr Kannan for being so patient with our class even though he's taking up so many other subjects as well. The classes were very educating and I learned a lot and even recorded some tutorials that he did in class on my own screen to refer back to. Definitely gonna work on more models and improve my ZBrush sculpting during the holidays.

Process Screenshots: 













Comments

Most Popular Post