3D Modelling - Project 2

27/8/19 -  27/11/19 (Week 1 to Week 14)
Jasmine Teoh Lee Suan (0331993)
3D Modelling
Project 2: House Model and UV Mapping



Initial Ideas:



Reference used: 


I'll just say that I copied the reference almost 100% because I'm not an architect and this project was for brushing up our Maya skills, which really helped because I felt more confident using Maya after this project and I think I might have maybe fell in love with it- But anyway, I think I progressed a lot in this project and although I still have a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go with 3D modelling, I really enjoyed it and was kinda satisfied with my outcome.

Process house:

Rendered House Model in different angles:




After that we moved on to UV mapping and I cried but not literally got so lost, the only few things that I understood were that UV is to help the texture be in place and so that it doesn't look awkward among the different faces of the object, that the automatic tool is very useful for flat surfaces and that we should stitch up the hanging parts so that they will meet and join properly. I also learned that the checkered map helps tell us if the UV is being distorted (?) or not. I still have much to learn about UV mapping but I tried what I could with this model.

Rendered House Model with Texture and UV Mapping in different angles:







Textures used from sources on pinterest, all credits to their rightful owners:






Process Screenshots:





Comments

Most Popular Post